|Posted by lestom27 on August 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM|
Signs of Revival in the local church…
Hello friends – hope all is well with you today! In this little blog – I want to share a few thoughts on: is there, or could there be revival in the local church today –(of course there can be!)
I felt like the Lord put that question on my heart – can there be revival in the local church? I would say YES!!! I think what it will look like from church to church would be different – just in the fact that each church has her own identity in Christ – so we must make sure that we never try to copy or mimic another move of God – it will be shortly lived if so…
So what could revival look like in the local church? Here are a few points:
1. A passion within the people to see the lost come to Jesus.
2. A passion within worship that goes further then just signing songs.
3. A passion to hear what the Father is saying to the people.
4. A passion to see the Lord restore, convert and bring freedom to the community.
5. An increase within the gifts of the spirit. Healing, Words of Knowledge and Prophesy that brings direction.
6. An understanding among the leaders that it is a team that brings the Kingdom of God to earth in its fullness.
7. The congregation realizing that they play a role in such a movement.
8. The congregation beginning to walk in their individual calling and purpose.
9. The church realizing what the Lord is doing and rejoicing in it.
10. A bond of unity seen among the congregation.
The list could go on…we must never look down on the small beginnings – you never know the fullness of such a movement – I believe the Lord conceals that so we rely on Him – period.
Does this revival have to spread to different states – That is all in the Lord’s will and purpose. We can not assume such a thing – such an action would neglect Proverbs –Lean not on your own understanding” – I would say, go with the flow of His spirit – if we stay humble, sincere and minister in Love – the move you may experience may ignite outside of your community, county or State.
I would say, local revival is to revive not just the people in your church – but is should bring an impact on its community. We should see and hear about people getting ministered outside of the church walls. The Lord doesn’t revive a people just so they feel free, loved and looked upon – but there is always a purpose to His movement – to bring the lost to the saving grace found in Jesus!
Les Tomlinson, Jr.